National Cadet Corps (N.C.C):
“Stand up, be bold, be strong, take the whole responsibility on your shoulders and know that you are the creator of your own destiny”
The need to create a youth organization at National Level to train young boys and girls to be better citizens and future leaders of our great country in all walks of life, including defense forces, was rightly realized by our leaders. A committee under Pandit H.N Kunzru was set up in 1946 at the behest of our first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru and the National Cadet Corps came into existence on 16th Jul, 1948 under the NCC Act XXXI of 1948 under the Ministry of Defence.
The NCC is one of the allied forces of the defence force. Here cadets are trained like soldiers and trained to face any kind of hardships that come their way. Apart from regular parade training the cadets of the college also take part in various activities as, weapon training, national integration, historical, geographical and religious background of India, leadership training, first aid, aid to civil authorities, civil defence, ecology/nature awareness, Self defence, giving information about NCC, hygiene and sanitation, social service, adventure training, map reading, field craft, scout and patrol, military history.
Empower volunteer youth to become potential leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
To develop leadership and character qualities, mould discipline and nurture social integration and cohesion through multifaceted programmes conducted in a military environment.
Aims of NCC
The aims of NCC as approved by MOD in Mar 2001 are as under
- To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular Outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsmanship and ideals of selfless service among the youth of the country.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always be available for the service of the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Introduction of NCC wings In Dayanand College of Commerce Latur
With a view to contribute the service to nation, society and impart army training to youth in future, Dayanand College of commerce Latur has started National Cadet Corps (N.C.C) in 1971. College has one unit of NCC under the overall supervision of 53 Maharashtra Battalion, Latur. The present permitted cadet strength is 54 cadets per unit. The NCC unit of our college is very dynamic and enthusiastic.
The NCC guides and provides suitable environment to students to develop discipline, responsibility leadership and dynamism among them, it looks after the overall development of students enrolled into it. This helps the students not only to join the defence services, but also to become a responsible citizen of our country.
The NCC certificate holder cadets avail various incentives from state and central government in the field of academics as well as employments. The NCC is open to all regular students of the college on a voluntary basis. Every year in the month of July the students are informed about the fresh enrolment (only for the first year students). The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service.
The cadets of the college actively participate in several camps and competition. They took initiative in organizing various activities at unit level. Apart from this the cadets participate in several extension activities as and when communicated by the battalion like, NCC day Celebration, Swachta Abhiyan, Tree Plantation and blood donation.
Benefits of NCC:
- C.C ‘C’ certificate with B’ grading holder cadets can directly appear for SSB in Indian Army Commissioned officer.
- NCC cadets are given preference for enrolling in Military services.
- B and C certificate holders are given preference in State police service.
- 5% reservation for group C and D post in Central and State government vacancies.
- Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University Nanded offers 05 extra grace marks to NCC cadets in the final year of the degree programme.
NCC cadets Participate in following Activities:
1. NCC camps like ATC, CATC, RDC, SPATC, TSC, Trail Track Camp and GSC
2. Social Awareness Campaign.
3. Blood Donation Camps
4. Participation in College annual function.
5. Participation in several extension activities undertaken in college.
Reports of last few years